Season 3 Winners

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Byteflux, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

Greetings!

This map has been forced to continue for much longer than it should have, for that I apologize. Unfortunately, I'm not here to drop the reset announcement, that's coming very soon. The purpose of this post is to announce the winners of season 3 as well as inform you of some stuff you should know.

I know season 3 had a very encouraging start but was quickly seeming hopeless early on in the map, I appreciate those who stuck around and tried to make the best of it. I always said I intended for it to be a short map, and it should not have gone on for this long. The reality is I wanted a reset very early on in the month, but circumstances prevented me from doing so.

With that said, I'd like to announce the Season 3 Winners:

RED
    1. Xclusiv: 72,760
    2. Yuri: 20,614
    3. PurpleLegion: 5,923
    BLUE
    1. LetsGoCrazy: 28,408
    2. TheTownies: 18,037
    3. Fable: 5,400
    I would like the leaders of each of these factions to contact me personally on the forums to claim your winnings. If you are a co-leader, don't bother. Leaders only.

Congratulations to the winners! Thanks again for playing this map.

Upcoming Rules Changes

Some of you may have noticed the new chat filters in-game that filters out some racial slurs and also stops you from saying things like kys. I added these filters because they are going to be part of the rules soon. The filters are there to stop you from making a mistake that will get you muted or banned. Bypassing these filters effectively demonstrates a strong intention to break our rules and will be met with a strong punishment.

Frankly, Scub and I are tired of all the toxicity. You guys might say that Origin is not the same without all the toxicity, then fine. Origin has to change, because something is fundamentally wrong with the psychology of people who regularly immerse themselves in such hateful expressions and it's starting to take its toll on us as well. It completely kills our enthusiasm to work on the server or host events.

People with toxic personalities are most likely going to get banned unless they reform into something more tolerable. There's a difference between being toxic and shit talk. Toxic community members are going to have to learn that difference fast or they will have no future on Origin.

No More Rank Transfers After July 31st

That's right. We won't be doing any more rank transfers after the 31st because it devalues the ranks and frankly adds a lot of unnecessary work on our part. You have until the 31st to make a rank transfer request. Please choose which server you want your ranks on and stick with it because after this month there won't be any more transfers.

Yacobb

Now that's out of the way... I want to take this space to inform you of some sad news. As some of you may already know, @Yacobb, a long-time admin and loved community member has resigned from his position. He came to me a few days ago indicating his intention to resign and did so gracefully and with respect.

I've informed Yacobb that should he choose to return, he will always have a spot in our community's leadership. If you ever see him in-game or on the forums, please don't forget to thank him for all his contributions to our community.

It would be a massive understatement to say Yacobb helped keep things running smoothly on Origin. I will try my best to keep up with his pace, but I fear I may not be nearly good enough :(

Thanks again @Yacobb for all your hard work and dedication to this community.

2. MaxSolar

MaxSolar Well-Known Member

3. RastaFyre

RastaFyre Legend

gg ;)

Hope next map is lit asf

Fapeh and afcb4ever like this.
  4. Steakdude12

Staff Member

5. Cines

Cines New Member

6. ChronicDepression

ChronicDepression New Member

This is fucking bullshit. Yacobb is my son. And how're you not going to give us a deadline for f top. This fac raided xclusiv and got PayPal and buycraft for it. We had no warning
    No impressed. Nice to meet you.

7. RastaFyre

RastaFyre Legend

That's kind of the point :)

8. ChronicDepression

Not* fuck my uneducated ass

9. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

That's the point. That faction used a cheesy strategy to try and win and didn't get shit. Such is life.

Next time don't unclaim your core.

10. ChronicDepression

Can I get a name of who unclaimed my core? I logged on and no claims had changed to my knowing and my points were gone. Points also disappeared from 'RIP' AND 'Frost' so I'm curious what caused all 3 of our points to go away over night?

11. Echo

Echo Senior Member

You will be missed Yacobb and looking forward to the reset news

12. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

Just to clarify, which faction are you referring to?

13. ChronicDepression

PurpleLegion. I had raided RIP and Frost each day and their points had been completely erased the same day mine had been. Then following losing points I unclaimed because people had found our base and there was not reason to stay without having points. Also loyal may have lost points as well? I don't remember that one in specific but they may have as well

14. MemoRandy

MemoRandy Champion

firat

also rip yacob :(

15. MemoRandy

MemoRandy Champion

and this is the whole reason byte implemented the chat filter and refuses to work with origin. You just completely clarified in that statement the reason he stated above. What you said proves nothing, nor is true. There's a reason byte doesn't touch origin, and that's because of people like you.

16. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

We do not allow repeatedly preying on the points of defenseless or ill-defended factions. If it makes you feel any better, I originally planned on ending the f top on Tuesday, and at that point in history you weren't even in the top #3.

17. ChronicDepression

Is that in the rules that we can't raid multiple times? I'm unfirmiliar with the new rules regarding the point system

18. ChronicDepression

And why would our points and all of theirs be removed over night seemingly at the same time

19. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

Farming points is not explicitly listed in /rules but has been strongly emphasized and enforced for 3 maps now. I'm sorry if you were unaware, I understand how that might be possible, but a wrongdoing is still a wrongdoing and I feel justified in taking your points. I will note in my to-do to make it abundantly clear that farming points is not allowed.

20. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

Because that's when I decided to do the /f top, I was examining everyone's points.