Season 4 Reset On 7/22

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Byteflux, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Hello!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! As you all know I said reset would be this month. In fact I really wanted it to be much earlier in the month but that didn't quite work out.

So here we are! Reset will be on the 22nd @ 4pm EST / 9pm GMT.

I know for many of you, season 3 was thoroughly disappointing because of its short lifespan in terms of player activity. Season 3 had a good start but quickly imploded and became stale due to a lack of interest in the server. There's a few contributing reasons for this, such as a lack of engaging content, nagging server bugs and at the center of it all: me.

Yep, I'm pretty much at the center of a lot of problems. I'm not as receptive as the community wants me to be, at the same time the community isn't as tolerable as I'd like it to be. I consider @Sudzzy one of my good friends with whom I get along with perfectly, but I don't have his level of tolerance for some of the toxicity in the community and as a result I don't really get along very well with many of you. I want to, though. I hope many of you feel the same way.

Season 4 Map Prizes

This season we'll be offering a smaller PayPal prize pool. My focus is going to be first and foremost on good, regularly updated content and I will prioritize our financial resources towards that end.

Red
    1. $150 PayPal + $250 Buycraft
    2. $50 PayPal + $150 Buycraft
    3. $100 Buycraft
    Blue
    1. $300 Buycraft
    2. $150 Buycraft
    3. $75 Buycraft
    You may have noticed that Blue has a smaller-than-usual prize. We understand that there's always a small and loyal playerbase on Blue who love it for its small size and established community, but it's not nearly as competitive as Red during a healthy season and as such the map prize has been lowered to reflect that.

Faction Banners

Faction Banners are a banner item that can be used to alert your faction that you need assistance. You can place the banner anywhere, once placed your faction is alerted and they can teleport to the banner. The banner can be easily broken by anyone and it also automatically expires after a certain period.

I don't want to reveal too much because many details are still being worked out and could be subject to change, but I'll try to clarify in the post-reset announcement.

Castle

The castle is a 24/7 KotH-like event located south of spawn. It's very similar to a KotH but the mechanics are somewhat different.

The objective of the event is to capture the castle and basically prevent anyone else from neutralizing your hold on the castle. For every hour you hold the castle, you receive +50 points. As the castle holder you also have exclusive access to the castle shop.

Once you reach the castle at the south of spawn, you must mine through the gate blocks in order to get inside the castle walls. Each gate block has 20 durability. Once inside, you will be able to access the capture area.

In order to capture the castle, you must first neutralize it. Neutralizing is the process of reversing the castle holder's progress from 100% to 0%. Neutralization usually takes about 5 minutes from start to finish, but you can speed it up by 10% for every additional faction member on the cap, up to a maximum of 50%. Neutralization is paused if anyone from the castle holder's faction is on the cap.

Once the castle is completely neutralized, you can begin to capture it. To capture the castle, you must stay on the cap until the progress reaches 100%. This usually takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, but like neutralizing, you can speed this up if you have additional faction members on the cap. The capture will pause if anyone not in your faction is on the cap.

Upon capture, the castle will entire a state of fortification for the next 30 minutes. Everyone who is not a member of the castle holder's faction is teleported to spawn and the castle gates are transformed to bedrock. Entry into the castle during fortification is entirely impossible unless you are a member of the castle holder's faction.

If you belong to the castle holder's faction, you can always use /castle home to teleport directly into the castle. The castle home command has a 10 second base warmup + 1 second for every additional non-friendly on the cap.

Last Man Standing

Last Man Standing is a free-for-all PVP event. The goal is to eliminate every participant in the arena and become the last man standing. This event will run daily on Red, but will run less frequently on Blue for obvious reasons.

Teaming is not allowed and we've taken some steps to try and make it as hard as possible. I want to make sure everyone is having fun and our rules are being respected, especially when it relates to peoples' fun, but this is not an easy rule to enforce so I hope you'll understand that we may not always be able to enforce this.

The rewards for this event are still being finalized, but it'll be something along the lines of a Mythical Crate Key and various other stuff. All equipment and supplies for this event are provided for you.

Supply Drop

Supply Drop is an event that takes place at a random location in wilderness. Every 4 hours, a 15 minute countdown announcement will kick off informing the server that a supply drop is arriving soon.

The supply drop spawns as an item at a random Y location between 100-200. The item will fall to the ground unless there is someone or something there to catch it.

The goal is to get to the supply drop location as quick as you can and fortify the position where it's expected to drop. Placing and breaking are both allowed in the supply drop chunk and any directly surrounding chunks, even during combat!

You get 200 faction points if you pick up the supply drop. The loot from opening a supply chest includes various things such as crate keys, kits, money, gapples, hoppers, drills and spawners.

Lower Terrain Height

This is something you've all been requesting for a long time now. Trenching can be tedious, even with Mining Drills, so I've decided to listen to your feedback and nearly halved the terrain height. Instead of the usual 64, it's now 36!

mcMMO in PVP

Yep, that's right. We're finally going to give this a shot. It's something new and I think it'll be a great addition to the server to spice up PVP after years of vanilla. Balance will be a strong focus, so you shouldn't have to worry about it being overpowered, but if you have any concerns about this change, I would love to read your feedback in the replies.

Revamped Kits

Currently the kits you get with ranks are a big mess, to put it simply. I can't go into any specifics because to be honest I'm still working on it, but I will say that I want to simplify every rank kit into a single kit command somehow, without devaluing the ranks (trust me that's the last thing I would want to do).

Once I revamp kits, I plan to also turn the kits into chests. So when you do /kit champion, you would get a Champion Chest which contains the kit. By doing this, you would be able to conveniently sell your whole kit on the AH, or store it away in your enderchest or PV without occupying a lot of space.

Rebalanced Spawners

Ever since Sell Sticks and pre-stacked mob spawning was added, spawners enjoyed an enormous buff that empowered mostly the top factions. Factions are buying more spawners and building bigger grinders at an early stage of the map when they should still be fairly uncommon.

Due to this, I will be making some balance changes across the board to address this issue, you can expect that spawner income will be a bit more consistent throughout the map, and won't snowball out of control so early on.

OnTime Updates

I'll be replacing Sudzzy's beautiful OnTime plugin with something more modern that I made. It addresses some issues that I had with Sudzzy's version and also adds a new feature: For every 1 day of OnTime, you will get one free Common Crate Key which you can redeem through /ontime redeem.

New Voting Rewards

If you have the current voting links bookmarked then you may need to get them updated soon because I will be changing up all the voting links as well as adding 2 new ones, for a total of 5 voting links. Having 5 links will reduce the occurrences of ties in the monthly /vote top.

I'm also going to be revamping all of the voting rewards to encourage more voting. You can expect a complete overhaul of the rewards. I'll look at what's there, keep what's good, but I plan to add a bunch of other things such as mcMMO now that PVP skills are enabled.

Updated Rules

I've already said before there's going to be some changes to rules, so this is what's changing:
    • Scope of staff disrespect rule is being changed to apply only to excessive staff disrespect.
    • Racism in chat or in usernames is not allowed and is considered a moderate chat offense.
    • Similar to the racism rule, suicide encouragement or death threats are also not allowed and are handled as moderate chat offenses.
    • Max mute times will be reduced, we're not going to be muting people for more than 1 or 2 days at most for chat offenses. I think we can agree 30 day mutes are retarded.
    • Ban times overall will be reduced for non-severe offenses.

2. Aleppo

Aleppo New Member

aye first

3. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Shaggy get em wet
    Staff Member

First but why combat mc mmo I tried pvping on minelink and it was cancer against people who spend there days grinding axes/swords

4. Accumulates

Accumulates Senior Member

5. Aleppo

Aleppo New Member

Is there a trailer?

6. Battle

Battle Expert

7. RastaFyre

RastaFyre Legend

lit lit lit

8. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

It's not going to be the same as Minelink's. I think the reason for adding it was stated in the original post :)

Sadly the guy we normally use wasn't available when we contacted him and it was all kind of last minute with the trailer so we weren't able to get one made :(

9. AgentPanda_

AgentPanda_ Veteran

10. Innovating

Innovating Member

11. RXIAH

RXIAH Senior Member

Gonna be funny watching Xclusiv struggle this map

Mac1423, MemoRandy and Battle like this.
  12. cDuck

cDuck Active Member

Wish I could be unbanned

13. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you make an appeal?

14. cDuck

cDuck Active Member

No like 5 maps ago when the server was dead af I went brain dead and charged back. Wish I didn't.

15. _Optifine

_Optifine New Member

16. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like you tried to dispute 1 payment and lost? Or did you close the case? I can't tell.

17. cDuck

cDuck Active Member

I closed the case.

18. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

Then I don't see any reason to keep you banned for this long. Your ban has been lifted.

19. cDuck

cDuck Active Member

Thank you so much. I really appreciate that.

20. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

No problem, please don't do it again though :)