Season 4 Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Byteflux, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello!

Just checking in with the promised announcement regarding all the recent updates. I'm sure most of you will have noticed these changes by now, but there are also a few lesser known updates which you may want to be aware of.

Event Commands

Due to popular demand, the following informational commands were added for retrieving the status of any of the automated events:
    • Beacon Star: /beaconstar and /star
    • Wither King: /witherking and /wk
    • Supply Drop: /supplydrop and /sd
    These commands will either provide a countdown of the upcoming event, or tell you whether the event is currently running and where it is located.

Supply Drop Updates

There's been a lot of cheesing with regards to claiming the supply drop area, as such we've had to make a couple of changes to make the whole thing less frustrating:
    • The restricted claiming radius has been bumped to 5 chunks, this means you can't claim in a 5 chunk radius of the supply drop.
    • The claiming restriction will remain in place for 10 minutes after the supply drop has fallen. This prevents people from claiming the area immediately after the item drops.
    Castle Leaderboard

A castle leaderboard has been added which shows the top 5 castle holders by the total amount of castle points that have been gained. The leaderboard does not include any information about points gained before the feature was added, so everyone gets a fair start. You can view the leaderboard with /castle top.

At the moment, the leaderboard is just bragging rights. There's currently no reward for holding a spot on the leaderboard, but I definitely want to have some sort of reward, just haven't really had a chance to give it much thought so I'm open to suggestions. It could be an end-map prize or maybe an on-going thing for holding the spot.

Wall Remover Nerf
    Wall removers, also known as barcode nukes, have been drastically nerfed to practically disable their ability to inflict nearly irreparable damage to the walls of a base.

Factions who just suffered a raid are going to already feel defeated and many unwilling to continue playing. Wall removers basically serve no other purpose than to completely put down a faction. We do not want to encourage that sort of mentality, we want factions to be able to recover from a raid without feeling like they have to rebuild an entirely new base.

Banner Cost

Being able to freely get a new banner without paying anything was completely unintentional. Banners were supposed to cost 20k each at the start of the map but it was an overlooked change and it has been corrected.

In hindsight, all the complaints about banners made a lot more sense when I realized people were able to get a new banner without restrictions. Each /f banner usage now costs 20k.

2. fificol

fificol I plowed Betty Crocker

3. Skq

Skq Active Member

second

4. Emerse

Emerse New Member

5. Memo

Memo Master

Good updates

6. LordPastry

LordPastry Veteran

Good job Byteflux!

7. Constrained

Constrained Veteran

8. Zeroing

Zeroing blue > red
    Staff Member

Any updates on /back or is that just not happening?

9. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

It's happening but as you know there's a lot of stuff we want to add and lots of stuff to juggle and manage. I recently spoke with the admins about what sort of edge case "exploits" we need to patch with /back and I will be working on that this weekend. Hopefully we can get it added soon.

10. Zeroing

Zeroing blue > red
    Staff Member

Thanks for the update

11. Hangable

Hangable Expert