Season 5 Reset On Saturday 9/30

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Byteflux, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Greetings!

It's that time again. It's been nearly two months since we reset so it's time to start preparing for the next season! We've got a bunch of cool stuff coming to season 5 that I think most of you will enjoy, including many community suggestions!

SEASON 5
    Reset Date & Time

September 30th
    1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT

(Countdown)

Season 5 Trailer

Re-upload this trailer for access to an exclusive Magma Cube Disguise which will last for the duration of the season! If your upload achieves 100 views from now until the first week of reset, you will also be entitled to redeem one free Mythical Crate Key!

Download Trailer: https://goo.gl/5eQj5A

Please use the following video title and description to qualify:

Title: Origin Season 5 | Reset Sept 30
    Origin is about to launch into it's 5th Season with a wide range of new features!
    Re-upload this trailer for access to an exclusive Magma Disguise and Ingame Key.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Server IP: play.originmc.org
    Download Link: https://goo.gl/5eQj5A
    Discord: https://originmc.org/discord
    Teamspeak: ts.originmc.org
    Reset date: Sept 30 @ 4pm EST / 9pm GMT
    -------------------------------------------------------

What's New?

We've got a bunch of cool stuff coming that I hope most of you will appreciate. Much of this stuff is still a work in progress and I will be spending the next couple weeks or so finalizing all of these changes, so a lot of specific details won't be available here until the reset goes live.

New Origin Rank

We're adding a new rank that is above Shogun and Spartan called Origin. This rank can be obtained through Buycraft and most likely through the top-tier crates such as Mythical and Legendary, although this is still being finalized. If you have Shogun or Spartan, you can also upgrade to the Origin rank.

This rank will provide two sets of daily p4u3 as part of its own kit, as well as provide all of the benefits of both Shogun and Spartan ranks combined, so this means you also get Grinder, Raider, PvPer and Miner kits.

This is by no means the finalized details of the rank, we're still hashing it all out. We want this to be the ultimate rank and as such the perks should reflect that status, so we'll work over the next couple weeks to see what else we might want to add.

The price for this rank has not yet been decided, but we don't want a rank upgrade from Shogun or Spartan to cost more than $75-$100 with an active 50% sale, so we'll play around with the price and see what is reasonable considering the perks.

The rank should be available in Buycraft in full detail shortly before the reset. We'll also be going through all of our Buycraft packages and updating the rank descriptions to accurately reflect the current kits since we changed the kit names and such last reset.

What about Inferno?

As a side note, I know you guys have been eagerly awaiting some updates on Inferno, I have nothing specific to share but I do have a few ideas that I think most of you will be pleased with in terms of adding back some value to Inferno and making it worthwhile again. If whatever I come up with seems inadequate to the community, we can scrap it and re-add double voting. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you guys.

WarZone Dungeon

A new WarZone feature called the Dungeon is being added. There will be a dungeon in WarZone around the spawn area which features steady stream naturally occurring mobs that give a small amount of mcMMO. These mobs also have a chance at dropping some fairly valuable loot such as gear. PVP is enabled inside of the dungeon so always be prepared.

Improved Custom Terrain

For the past few maps we've used the same flat terrain which has gotten pretty boring. For next map, I'm going to be focusing on adding some more features to the terrain, such as mountains, making it a bit less flat, but still flat enough that it's good for building. The deserts on the edges of the map should still remain mostly flat.

Revenge Raids

This is a new raiding mechanic which allows a recently breached faction to take revenge against the breaching faction if they breach them back within 48 hours. When you perform a revenge raid, you earn 35% of the faction's points instead of the normal 25%.

Scaling Breach Cooldown

To prevent any single faction from being raided too often, a new mechanic called the Scaling Breach Cooldown is being added. This mechanic adds 12 additional hours to the breach cooldown for each raid after the first one, up to a total of 72 hours after the 5th breach.

Faction Chests

A new unraidable type of storage called /f chest is being added which will be accessible to every faction. Access to this storage can be restricted using the /f perm system, like many other faction features. Initially, only a single row is available in the faction chest, however, additional rows can be added through /f upgrade.

New Faction Upgrades

We'll be adding a few new interesting faction upgrades, although the precise details on bonus amount are still being worked out on some of these:
    • Chest Boost: Boosts the number of rows in your faction chest.
    • Power Regen: Increases your power regeneration rate.
    • Damage Reduction: Increases % of damage reduction in your territory.
    • mcMMO XP Boost: Provides a small boost to your mcMMO XP rate.
    I actually have a few more ideas for upgrades, but I'm holding back on those unless there is time left towards the end for me to add them. I don't want to promise any faction upgrades I can't deliver.

The exact details of these upgrades such as upgrade level and bonus amounts will be known on reset!

New Custom Enchants

Origin doesn't have very many custom enchants, and with the addition of mcMMO in combat, it's about time we re-evaluated that, as such we'll be adding the following new custom enchants:
    • Cohesion: Basically works a lot like Unbreaking, but it does this through a small chance of actually repairing your armor upon damage. The end effect is you have longer-lasting armor.
    • Demolition: Allows you to instantly mine Obsidian.

Coin Flip

This is a GUI-based mini-game accessed through /cf that allows you to wage bets with other players. The game is played out with the result being determined by a heads or tails coin flip. The winner will be paid out at the end of the match.

Event Leaderboards

We already have a Castle Leaderboard but all the other events are still missing their own, so this map we'll be sure to add those:
    • Beacon Star: Shows the top 5 factions with the most leaderboard points. Leaderboard points are earned through both faction points and star points earned by both participating and completing the event. We encourage all factions to participate!
    • Supply Drop: Shows the top 5 factions with the most faction points earned from completing the event. We'd like to encourage participation points, but have yet been able to figure out a good way to measure performance, so for now we've limited it to just the faction points earned per faction.
    • Wither King: Shows the top 5 factions with the most faction points earned from completing the event. Similarly to the Supply Drop, we're still looking for ways to reward participation in both events.
    • Last Man Standing: This is by far my favorite leaderboard as I spent quite a bit of time on this. The LMS leaderboard will rank players using a numerical rating system which many of you probably know as an Elo rating. Your elo rating will fluctuate based on what position you finish in a LMS match and the people you finished ahead and behind of. Each of their elo ratings will be taking into consideration when recalculating your own.
    As I mentioned in Supply Drop and Wither King, I would love for some community ideas on how to reward participation in those events because I want to encourage every faction to show up and compete no matter what the odds are.

As of yet there's no plans to reward any one that holds a top spot, but this could change. First I want to sort out the lack of a participation reward for Supply Drop and Wither King before we discuss offering a reward for the top spots. The events need to be competitive if they are to be rewarded.

Wither King Updates

Right now Wither King is a pretty bland boss fight that everyone has gotten accustomed to. In order to spice things up, I will be adding some minions to the boss fight which should hopefully make things a bit tougher and break out of the same boring repetition.

Regen Walls

Due to the considerable advancement of cannon tech over the years, regen walls are nowhere near as overpowered as they used to be back when they got nerfed. I think regen walls will add a new dynamic to base defenses which has remained stagnant for so long now.

I've spoken with @DrewFos, our resident cannoning expert and he is confident that regen walls do not pose an unraidable threat and that any experienced cannoner can overcome them with relative ease. If anyone thinks otherwise, I'm sure he'd be willing to hear you out.

PvPer Kit Updates

We'll be adding an Axe and a God Apple to the PvPer kit. As a rank that is designed specifically for PVP, I think that makes perfect sense.

/back

This is being added 100%. No more delays. Sorry for all the false hope about this, it simply got sidelined in the mess of things that I have to deal with every day and I haven't prioritized it since.

For sure this time, /back will be available to all VIP ranks and above on reset.

mcMMO Archery & Alchemy

So this is a two part thing. First off I've read through community feedback and become aware that Archery is not very good in its current state. Perhaps there is a configuration issue and it's just too weak, so I'll be taking some time before reset to evaluate that and make any necessary adjustments to make this awesome skill relevant in PVP.

The second part is relating to issues with another great skill, Alchemy. Based on the reports I've read, Alchemy is currently bugged and the pots can't be brewed so that is another thing I will definitely be looking at some time before the reset to ensure that it's working properly.

DrewFos

@DrewFos is going to be joining our administrative team, and actually has been a part of that team now for a few days already. Drew is already an admin on Minelink who helps me out a great deal with a lot of stuff, specifically with cannoning related things and I believe he will be a great asset to the Origin community.

Those of you who know him know that he's an extremely capable mineman who knows his shit. If you have any questions or concerns regarding cannoning mechanics, feel free to bring them to his attention.

Congratulations Drew and welcome to the team :)

Map Rewards

Season 5 Prizes

Like season 4, we'll be offering the same prizes for both Red and Blue. Red will maintain that small PayPal amount as we want to continue promoting Red as the primary server on Origin (sorry, I still love you Blue!).

Red
    1. $150 PayPal + $250 Buycraft
    2. $50 PayPal + $150 Buycraft
    3. $100 Buycraft
    Blue
    1. $300 Buycraft
    2. $150 Buycraft
    3. $75 Buycraft
    Season 4 Winners

The winners of season 4, both Red and Blue, are as follows:

Red

1. Xclusiv led by SplittingForFun with 112,854 points
    2. Love led by Hizuki_Kun with 60,611 points
    3. FaZe led by Battle with 53,319 points.
    Blue
    1. LetsGoCrazy led by FrostyBullet with 119,861 points
    2. NATO led by Pastrylicious with 55,046 points
    3. Avalanche led by McJackz with 17,150 points
    If you are the leader of any of these factions, please start a thread in the Winnings & Prize Claims forum section so that I can assist you at when I get the chance.

Thanks to every faction that played this season and I look forward to seeing you in the next!

#1 Byteflux, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Kavvy, ausmanX, Fxrd and 10 others like this.
  2. Ollen_

Ollen_ Hecker

3. IzNova

IzNova Moderator
    Staff Member

4. Memo

Memo Master

Fire resistance pot to PVPER!??!?

Good updates might look forward to playing

5ymph0ny, Nickoflyers21 and afcb4ever like this.
  5. AgentPanda_

AgentPanda_ Veteran

6. Sav

Sav Member
    Builder

@Skq "He won't give origin regens" you THOUGHT

7. DrewFos

DrewFos Administrator
    Staff Member

8. Byteflux

Byteflux Administrator
    Staff Member

tru

Memo likes this.
  9. Memo

Memo Master

Just read the "drewfos" admin part. Not playing now

Soda_Pop and DrewFos like this.
  10. BumBooCha

BumBooCha Free Agent

11. BumBooCha

BumBooCha Free Agent

Champion and above for /back imo

AgentPanda_ likes this.
  12. xX_APOC_Xx

xX_APOC_Xx BadRep

Regen Walls

Due to the considerable advancement of cannon tech over the years, regen walls are nowhere near as overpowered as they used to be back when they got nerfed. I think regen walls will add a new dynamic to base defenses which has remained stagnant for so long now.

I've spoken with @DrewFos, our resident cannoning expert and he is confident that regen walls do not pose an unraidable threat and that any experienced cannoner can overcome them with relative ease. If anyone thinks otherwise, I'm sure he'd be willing to hear you out.

I understand that regens are not unraidable, but that is to someone who is used to raiding them. it now means that we need to learn an entirely new form of cannoning, which doesn't sound very fun.

They also take a considerable amount of time to get through, especially if you don't know what you're doing. I'd suggest disabling redstone checkboxes, or at least finding a patch to raid alerts (if there is one), otherwise it will be practically impossible to raid big factions.

13. J3C

J3C Addict

Wow I'm just sooooooooooooooooooooooo good at minecraft

Soda_Pop likes this.
  14. Celluler

Celluler Member

15. Soda_Pop

Soda_Pop Member
    Builder

I am just so excited I cannot wait for this mine man action

Im a gambling addict so coin flip will be my trade

Nickoflyers21 and Memo like this.
  16. h1ppietank

h1ppietank Veteran

17. Skq

Skq Active Member

I never said such things

Pics or it didnt happen. Also @DrewFos is gey

18. Kavvy

Kavvy Active Member

19. Scuba

Scuba Administrator
    Staff Member

at least Byte didn't give us RXIAH

Skq, RXIAH, Nickoflyers21 and 7 others like this.
  20. Spicyyy

Spicyyy New Member

So what if you make normal walls so they use a normal cannon, and then patch with a regen pillar to stop them